Thursday, May 1, 2008

Triathlon Training


I have been training for a triathlon since the beginning of the new year! For those who don't know it is a race where you swim, bike, and run. No worries, I don't look as sexy as the racers in the photos! I have been wanting to do one for years now, but never really pursued it. I decided that there is no better time than right now, since I'm not prego and I only have one child to push in the jogging stroller!
I got online to register for my May 24th race, and it was already sold out! I am so bummed! Luckily there is a triathlon going on in Richland, WA July 5th! If i can't find one sooner, you will see me swimming in the cold Columbia River in July!
-k

12 comments:

Wendy Christensen said...

Kathy - This is fantastic news! I so hope you swim the Columbia in July. I will be there cheering for you!! YOU GO GIRL!!! :) Love the new blog look ...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sad you couldn't do it when you were planning, but The Columbia River in July will be an experience you will never forget!!! :) I'm so excited for you.

Jonathon and Sarah said...

I am always so impressed by you Kathryn. You are quite the amazing person...but I always knew that! Good luck with the triathlon...I hope everything works out so you get to do it.

HJolley said...

a tri??? wow, that's awesome!! keep up the good work, girl!

AO Forever or A Payne? said...

I had the same thing happen to me! I trained for a triathlon last year for a lot of months then went to sign up on the second day registration was open and it was already sold out! Then life got in the way and have never got to complete one! Good luck, go for it!

Author Beginnings said...

Happy Monday Kathy! I hope your tirathlon training is going well :) You gotta gear up to swim the Columbia ... :) Hey when you get a moment, check out my new blog --- its for book lovers and authors! The website is www.bookbeginnings.com

Greg and Tammy said...

Good luck with the training! That is amazing! Love the pics of the "books into the bathroom" trick. So funny.

Greg and Lara said...

Greg will be so jealous. He tried to get me to do a triathalon when we were dating, but I'm a terrible swimmer. He was still going to do it, but then he missed the registration. Since then he's turned 30 and his body started falling apart. :) Good luck though...you're my new hero! And I love all the cute pictures of Grant walking around!

MegRich said...

How fun! I didn't know you guys had a blog! Grant is getting so big- what a handsome boy! Way to go, signing up for a marathon. That's amazing! Good luck!

NaDell said...

I just found you through someone else. I love your blog and I'm excited to see you guys more often living over here.

Bethany said...

You must be super-busy with training, and moving to Washington (I love the great North West!) because there haven't been any new updates on your blog. I hope all is well. I know Andrea Rose from church here. They moved out here so Austin could work with Epic and I was assigned to be her Visiting Teacher. We became fast friends, and although she's no longer in our ward (they bought a condo in different boundaries) we still get together periodically. She's in Utah right now though, finishing up her schooling. Let us know how the triathlon goes (went). Take care!

Wendy Christensen said...

Kathy - do you have a different blog or are you just ultra busy over there in Yakima --- your fan club wants to hear from you :)!!