Thursday, January 24, 2008


Both of our family's have a site on myfamily.com. Rob's sisters are amazing at posting thoughts and news on the site. Right after Grant was born, Rob's sister, Amy, posted a little experience she had as she prayed about her daughter's piano lesson situation. She shared that she knows it's important to "cry unto the Lord over your household." As a brand new mom and having so many hopes and dreams for my new baby, I feel the Lord taught me a great lesson from this and let me know that He will answer my prayers concerning my family.
As i was deciding weather or not to go back to teaching 1/2 day kindergarten after Grant was born, I said many prayers to know if it would be a good thing for our family. After deciding to go back, we have prayed and prayed to find a babysitter who will love Grant and take good care of him while I'm at work. We have also prayed that he will be a blessing to this person as well. I went through 3 babysitters in 4 months. Just before Christmas, our schools PTA President, Diana, called me and asked if i needed help. She has watched him ever since.
Now every time i drop off Grant, he is so excited to go and play. He never cries when I drop him off any more, as he did everyday with the other babysitters. Today she told me how much she loves Grant and has loved watching him. She had to have a hysterectomy a few years ago and can't have any more children, so she has loved having a baby around. I just felt so strongly that the Lord has answered my many prayers. I feel that me going back to work is something that i needed to do for many reasons, and that Grant has been blessed and has been a blessing to others! We are so grateful!
-k

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweet story Kathy. I didn't know that finding a babysitter for Grant was such a struggle. I'm sure he is just as big of a blessing to the lady that watches him as she is to you. Heavenly Father does watch out for us and He hears our prayers.

Jennie Stanfield said...

This is so sweet Kathy. I miss you and I'm so happy you have a blog now!

Wendy Christensen said...

Kathy - Welcome to blog land!!! :)
Cheers to prayers and adventures in babysitting ... :) love you - Wendy

Kylene said...

Hi you guys. It's your cousin Kylene here. I saw your link off of Erica's and wanted to say hi. Oh my, your little Grant is a cutie! Kathy, I don't know if you remember me but I remember getting a picture taken with you at the Call reunion modeling our wedding rings. They look very, very, similar (you have great taste! :) We have a blog too but ours is private so if you'd like to take a peek, email me so I can add you to the list.
kylenesouth@gmail.com

Happy Blogging!

Laura Weight said...

Kathryn-- when did you get a blog???? Fun! I love blog stalking. Anyway-- I am so sorry I haven't called you back-- lifes been a little busy.... I miss you a ton... I will talk to you soon!
love lar