
We had some crazy strong winds starting Sunday evening. As I walked into work on Monday around 11:15, the wind was still blowing hard, but the skies were blue. I was making sure things were ready for the day, when I looked out the window and saw one of my students pushing her way through a blizzard to get in my classroom. My students came in one by one looking like they had been attacked by Mr. Freeze. I was just calling my students to come sit on our big carpet when the fire alarm went off! Without any warning, I told my students to get in line and we trudged our way through the blizzard. The wind was howling and snow was flying everywhere. Since this was so unexpected, hardly any of my students had their coats on. I told them to huddle together like penguins (good thing I taught them about penguins last week). As they huddled, i couldn't get my radio to work to find out what was happening in the school. I tried to look across the field for the older classes, but they looked like a blur through the snow. All i could see were several "penguin huddles." Luckily, one of the resource teachers brought us out a huge garbage bag to "tarp" over my students. The wind was blowing so hard that we could hardly hold it over them! We finally were able to see other classes going back inside the school, so we were were able to escape the Utah Antarctica. As we came inside we were soaking wet and freezing all do to a glitch in a smoke detector!





2 comments:
Well it's good they got to practice what you taught them--huddle like penquins. Maybe it was really a total BONDING experience for them. :)
Burrrrr - that sounds like a crazy snow/blizzard day in Utah ...Those kids are lucky to have such a wonderful teacher who cares!!
Post a Comment