Yesterday was quite the interesting day! After school was over, I was doing my duty as a teacher....hall duty! All of a sudden I saw two first graders dukin' it out! I yelled at them to stop and started walking/running towards them. One of the kids looked at me and ran as fast as he could down the hall. I wasn't going to let this little punk get away so I started running after him, leaving the other kid bawling against the wall. The little guy ran faster and faster. I was wondering if I should really run and get him, or just keep an eye on him until i could find out his name. I decided not to cause a scene in the elementary school , so I just watched him run. I saw my principal outside and told him what had happend. The kid ignored my principal, but finally a threat to call his mom got him back. I went back inside to see if the other kid was ok. I turned the corner and as he made eye contact with me he started to bolt. I couldn't let 2 first graders outrun me, so i grabbed his backpack and firmly, but nicely said, "do not run from me." I got the details of what happed and took him to the principal.I thought my day was complete at school, so I packed Grant into the car and headed home. I wasn't a block away from the school when i saw some middle schoolers walking home. I thought it was odd that there were so many of them. This big pack slowly started getting closer to the middle of the street. All of sudden I see these two girls throw down their back backs and start cat fighting. Meanwhile their girlfriends were taking pictures on thier cell phones while the guys sat there laughing. I honestly didn't know how to handle this one. I drove slowly past them thinking, " Do I yell at them like first graders or do i call the police?" When i needed to make a turn i accidently honked my horn at them. Luckily another car was approaching them, so i think they stopped.
Now come on people, I know Utah is freezing cold and we are crammed inside all together, but can't we act a little civil!?
-k





2 comments:
You sound like one heck of a hall duty Kathy! Nobody's gonna get past you, huh?
Kathy, it's a good thing you're so fit...it sounds like you need it in your line of work. :-)
Post a Comment